GSK: Analytical Chemistry Traineeship Programme 2019
Location: Cape Town
- Tests compliance of products (including routine Stability products) and materials as per documented Specifications and Analytical Methods.
- Performs analysis using wet chemical techniques and instrumental methods of analysis (HPLC, GC) as applicable.
- Ensures that applicable SOPs are followed and required records are completed.
- Examines samples critically.
- Records results as per GLP requirements.
- Reviews results for accuracy and reports any anomalies to Supervisor or Manager.
- Samples and test compliance of Site systems (Purified water etc.) as per documented procedures.
- Ensures cleanliness of working and surrounding area.
- Ensures that documentation is performed in the demarcated areas and that chemical analysis is performed on the workbenches.
- Ensures preparation and storage of reagents as per SOPs.1.11
- Ensures that SOPs in use are current and notifies the Manager of any out-of-date procedures.
- Verifies the calibration status of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Completes appropriate equipment logs after usage, verification and maintenance.
- Performs system monitoring (e.g. Fridge temperatures, fume cupboard pressures) and completion of appropriate logs as required by the Manager.
- Complies with EHS standards and guidelines and Site EHS SOPs.
- Complies with SOPs wrt safe use of chemicals/reagents, glassware, analytical procedures and the use of PPE.
- Participates in, projects to continually improve processes.
- Participates in Manufacturing Technology projects e.g. NIR.
- Theory in National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (minimum).
- Proficiency in use of wet chemical and instrumental analytical techniques.